Transportation Information

Parents who wish to transport students in their own vehicles must have the following information and or documentation on file with the transportation department 10 days before any trip.

1.     A copy of your driver’s license.

2.     A current DMV printout of your driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicle. (On line from DMV is acceptable)

3.     A copy of the Declaration Page from your automobile insurance with the following information:

a.       Your name
b.      Liability coverage in the amount of $100,000 bodily injury with $300,000 each occurrence and 25,000 for property damage
c.       The expiration date of the policy. Each time your insurance is renewed (usually every 6 or 12 months) a new Declaration Page must be sent in.
4.     District form #26-9020 Insurance Requirements for Individuals Transporting Students. (Valid for current school year)

All information must be valid for the current school year.

A District employee may not transport students in their private vehicles without having the above information on file, in advance, with the Transportation Department.

RUSD Approved Employee’s only, may drive rental vehicles (rented through the District) to transport students.

Per Federal regulations – students can never be transported in 15 passenger vans under any circumstances.

If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please feel free to call me at 352-6789 x 83022.




Marta Nelson

Transportation Manager